Representatives of Boeing and United Airlines sign a training solutions agreement supporting United Aviate Academy at EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin on July 26, 2021. Pictured left to right: Curt Brunjes, managing director, Aviate and Pilot Strategy, United Airlines; Bryan Quigley, senior vice president, Flight Operations, United Airlines; Brendan Curran, vice president, Commercial Services, Boeing; Chris Broom, vice president, Training Solutions, Boeing. (Boeing photo)
Aspiring pilot Delia Nina Nava (third from left) expresses her excitement as representatives from United Airlines, Boeing and the Latino Pilots Association surprise her with a full scholarship, funded by Boeing, to attend United Aviate Academy and fulfill her dream of becoming an airline pilot. Pictured with Nava are (from left) Curt Brunjes, managing director of Aviate and Pilot Strategy, United Airlines; Bryan Quigley, senior vice president of Flight Operations, United Airlines; Chris Broom, vice president of Training Solutions, Boeing; Camila Turrieta, regional director of the Latino Pilots Association; Brendan Curran, vice president of Commercial Services, Boeing; Mary Ann Scaffer, chief pilot for United Airlines; and Gabriel Mercado, regional director for the Latino Pilots Association. (Boeing photo)
– Boeing’s pilot training solutions include initial cadet assessment materials, Jeppesen Academy digital courseware, Jeppesen electronic charts, ForeFlight mobile solutions and pilot supplies
– Boeing presents cadet with scholarship to attend United Aviate Academy
OSHKOSH, Wis., July 26, 2021—United Aviate Academy has selected Boeing (NYSE:BA) to provide a comprehensive suite of training tools, materials and digital solutions to develop and provide early career training to United Airlines’ next generation of pilots. The companies commemorated the five-year training agreement with a ceremonial signing event at EAA AirVenture.
The comprehensive training package of courseware and multimedia materials spans Boeing’s portfolio of service offerings, including its Jeppesen and ForeFlight solutions, and provides United Aviate Academy with the tools to help cadets master key concepts and information needed to confidently and safely pilot aircraft.
“We are pleased to extend our long-term partnership with Boeing to help train the next generation of United pilots,” said Bryan Quigley, United’s senior vice president of flight operations. “Boeing’s unique suite of tools and materials will help provide effective training for Aviate pilots who are working to meet future air travel demands and uphold United’s high standards of safety and excellence.”
The agreement includes:
- Initial cadet assessment materials with accompanying online courses and e-books, supporting higher program completion rates through analytics of data-driven assessments
- Jeppesen Academy courseware, textbooks and digital learning materials for private, instrument, commercial, multiengine and instructor training
- The ForeFlight Mobile integrated flight app for pilots equipped with Jeppesen NavData®, electronic charts and Airway Manuals, a one-stop shop for flight tasks like routing flights, planning and filing flight plans, managing electronic charts and maps, and gathering destination and weather information
- Pilot supplies including Bose headsets, computers, student flight bags, logbooks and more
- GPS NavData for the United Aviate Academy fleet
“We are fully committed to providing United Aviate Academy—and all of our customers—with tailored, high-quality training solutions that enhance safety and meet the learning and development needs of pilots from all backgrounds,” said Chris Broom, vice president of Training Solutions, Boeing Global Services. “By leveraging our broad portfolio of solutions, we offer customers tremendous value in delivering efficient, effective training throughout the pilot training life cycle.”
Following the agreement signing, Boeing further demonstrated its support for the program and its commitment to diversity by presenting Delia Nina Nava with a scholarship to United Aviate Academy to join a future pilot training class. Nava is a Hispanic woman from Houston with a passion for aviation and aspirations of becoming an airline pilot. She is a graduate of Ross Shaw Sterling Aviation High School and a student at the University of Houston.
As a leading global aerospace company, Boeing develops, manufactures and services commercial airplanes, defense products and space systems for customers in more than 150 countries. As a top U.S. exporter, the company leverages the talents of a global supplier base to advance economic opportunity, sustainability and community impact. Boeing’s diverse team is committed to innovating for the future and living the company’s core values of safety, quality and integrity. Learn more at www.boeing.com.