The publisher has been producing a number of aviation history series that feature rare archive images. This book is one of those books and has a fine photo content. The photographs in this case mostly show the image from the gunsight, or more accurately gun camera – Highly Recommended.
This book is almost equally divided between text and photographs. The photographs are outstanding and most are in stunning full colour – Most Highly Recommended.
This book corrects the serious neglect of its subject. The author has demonstrated that a historian needs only dedication and hard work to research a subject and present it in print. The result is a unique and definitive work that will be of enormous value to other historians, enthusiasts and the families of German WWI POWs – Highly Recommended.
Facing the Sun
- Title Facing the Sun
- Released 02/10/2017 9:00 am
- Copyright ESA/ATG medialab; Sun: NASA/SDO/ P. Testa (CfA)
- DescriptionNow being fitted with its state-of-the-art instruments, ESA’s Solar Orbiter is set to provide new views of our star, in particular providing close-up observations of the Sun’s poles.
Technodinamika holding (part of Rostec State Corporation) has been shortlisted as a candidate to supply systems and components for Russian-Chinese long range wide-body CR929 aircraft. The final selection of suppliers of systems will begin before the end of 2017.
MONARCH PASSENGERS WITH VALID BOOKING FOR CANCELLED TEL AVIV ROUTE CAN BOOK FOR GBP119*
London, 2 October 2017: Wizz Air, the largest low-cost airline in Central and Eastern Europe launched today rescue fares of GBP 119* for passengers affected by today’s announcement of all Monarch Airlines flight cancellations.
MONARCH AIRCRAFT ENGINEERING LTD CONTINUES TO TRADE AS MONARCH AIRLINES AND MONARCH TRAVEL GROUP ENTER ADMINISTRATION
Luton (02 October 2017) – Monarch Aircraft Engineering Limited (MAEL) today announces its continuation as a standalone business, operating as normal, as Monarch Airlines and Monarch Travel Group enter Administration.
- Government steps in to ensure there is aviation capacity to return huge number of passengers
- Biggest ever peacetime repatriation to fly 110,000 Monarch passengers back to the UK at no cost to them
- Passengers should expect disruption and delays as unprecedented government operation gets underway
The Government today began an unprecedented repatriation effort to return 110,000 passengers affected by the failure of Monarch Airlines.
Administrators appointed to Monarch Airlines Limited
and Monarch Travel Group Limited
All flights from the UK, operated by Monarch Airlines, have been cancelled and will not be rescheduled
All Monarch flights to the UK today and for the next two weeks will be replaced with alternative flights, organised by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) with assistance from the administrators
A dedicated website and two helplines have been set up for customers in the UK and customers overseas:
Customers in the UK: 0300 303 2800 / Customers overseas: +44 1753 330330
Monday 2 October 2017
Blair Nimmo, Jim Tucker and Mike Pink from KPMG have this morning, Monday 2 October 2017, been appointed joint administrators to Monarch Airlines Limited. At the same time, Blair Nimmo, Jim Tucker and Steve Absolom from KPMG have been appointed joint administrators to Monarch Travel Group Limited.
- Title Ariane 5 liftoff
- Released 29/09/2017 11:57 pm
- Copyright ESA
- DescriptionOn 5 September 2017, Ariane 5 flight VA239 lifted off from Europe’s Spaceport in French Guiana and delivered two telecom satellites, Intelsat-37e and BSAT-4a, into their planned orbits.
- Id 383208
30 September 2017
Ariane 5 has delivered two telecom satellites, Intelsat-37e and BSAT-4a, into their planned orbits.