BAE Systems has successfully demonstrated the safety and performance of its new Modular Bridging System by simulating over 22,000 crossings of the Challenger 2 Main Battle Tank, the equivalent weight of 121,000 double decker buses.
F-15 Eagle, F/A-18 Super Hornet, P-8A Poseidon, CH-47 Chinook, AH-64 Apache, and unmanned systems on display
737 MAX, 787 and 777X airplane models on exhibit
New Boeing Global Services exhibit highlights products that drive lifecycle innovation and efficiency
CHICAGO, Jan. 22, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Boeing [NYSE: BA] will showcase a wide range of products and services at this year’s Singapore Airshow, Asia’s largest aerospace and defense show, which runs Feb. 6-11. The scale of the company’s presence at this year’s show reflects the strong growth prospects and opportunities across its commercial, defense and services businesses in Asia-Pacific.
- Title Comet storm
- Released 22/01/2018 9:00 am
- Copyright ESA/Rosetta/MPS for OSIRIS Team MPS/UPD/LAM/IAA/SSO/INTA/UPM/DASP/IDA
- DescriptionPerhaps you live in a part of the world where you regularly experience snow storms or even dust storms. But for many of us, the weather forms a natural part of everyday conversation – more so when it is somewhat extreme, like a sudden blizzard that renders transport useless or makes you feel highly disoriented as you struggle to fix your sights on recognisable landmarks.
Securing its first new route of the year, Budapest Airport has confirmed the addition of Ryanair’s twice-weekly service to Marseille in W18/19. The launch of a connection to the Hungarian gateway’s seventh French airport further establishes the Irish ultra-low-cost carrier’s (ULCC) development at Budapest, as the link becomes the airline’s 34th destination to be offered from the airport.
- Official unveiling of major new executive jet Fixed Base Operator (FBO) at London Southend Airport
- FBO offers unique service – 24/7 facility all year round (except Christmas day), unrestricted slots, VIP experience, and region’s most competitive prices
London, 19 January 2018 – Stobart Aviation, part of the Stobart Group, has officially launched a major new executive jet fixed based operator (FBO) at London Southend Airport, outstripping competitors on price, speed and convenience in the south east region.
The new “Stobart Jet Centre”, is also expected to deliver a major boost to the capacity available for private flights into London, Europe’s busiest city for private aviation. The centre is expected to cater for 5,000 flights per year by 2022.
Last night senior management hosted a launch party at the new FBO with 100 VIP industry guests who were given an exclusive tour of the facilities. Here are some images of the new centre.
The Stobart Jet Centre will offer customers:
- The centre will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 364 days a year
- London Southend Airport is only 42 miles from the heart of London’s West End with excellent road, rail and helicopter links to the city
- Car services can drive right up to the plane. Chauffeur transfers are less than an hour by road to Central London and only 30 minutes to the M25, the London orbital motorway
- Six trains per hour in to the centre of London within 45 minutes from a dedicated rail station
- There are helicopter transfers to and from Canary Wharf or Battersea Heliport. Passengers can reach central London in 10 minutes from London Southend
- With no slot restrictions, London Southend Airport can offer faster departure routes outside of Heathrow airspace, reducing flight times
- The centre offers onsite immigration and customs, with pre-clearance available to qualifying passengers
- The centre offers a VIP lounge with catering, refreshments and business services
- Friendly and professional team to escort passengers to and from the aircraft
- Full range of facilities for all aircraft needs
- Private crew lounge with complimentary refreshments, TV and computer facilities
- By far the most competitive landing, parking and handling prices in the London area
The jet centre is another development at London’s growing Southend Airport which was ranked in 2017, the Capital’s best airport for the fifth year in a row.
Stephen Grimes, Managing Director, Stobart Jet Centre Limited, says:
“Always at the heart of our thinking for this new FBO has been to provide our customers with the utmost convenience, speed and comfort. We will be also offering the most competitive prices in the London business and private aviation market.
“The Stobart Jet Centre will give our customers a fast, hassle-free service 24 hours a day with home from home comfort and no slot restrictions.
“We are absolutely confident that Stobart Jet Centre provides a unique environment and refreshing alternative to other airports serving London.”
Satellites’ accuracy and sensitivity for detecting infrared targets significantly exceed specifications.
BUCKLEY AIR FORCE BASE, Colo., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — The U.S. Air Force’s 460th Space Wing is now “talking” with the fourth Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) Geosynchronous Earth Orbit (GEO) satellite after its successful launch from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida, earlier this evening.
New branch office established in Mexico will support customers in Mexico and Latin America
Oulu, Finland, January 18, 2018 – Bittium has received the first orders from Mexican government authorities for mobile devices developed for a satellite communication system. The mobile devices have been developed in a product development project that started in the year 2015. The product development phase has been successfully concluded and the devices are now in volume production. The total value of the first orders is approximately 2 million euros and the devices will be delivered to the customers by the end of the first quarter of 2018. The mobile devices are manufactured in Finland.