|Feature: How software can help aerospace engineers capitalise on industry trends and opportunities|
Bangkok’s green lung
- Title Bangkok’s green lung
- Released 21/03/2019 2:45 pm
- Copyright contains modified Copernicus Sentinel data (2019), processed by ESA, CC BY-SA 3.0 IGO
- DescriptionCaptured on 22 January 2019 by the Copernicus Sentinel-2B satellite, this true-colour image shows Thailand’s most populous city Bangkok, and its ‘Green Lung’ Bang Kachao.
Lake Chad’s shrinking waters
- Title Lake Chad’s shrinking waters
- Released 22/03/2019 10:00 am
- Copyright contains modified Copernicus Sentinel data (2018), processed by ESA (For Landsat image: USGS/ESA), CC BY-SA 3.0 IGO
- DescriptionThe 22 March is World Water Day, which focuses on the importance of freshwater. The Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations aim to achieve a better and more sustainable future. Goal number 6 focuses on ensuring the availability and sustainable management of water for all by 2030. This image takes us over Lake Chad at the southern edge of the Sahara, where water supplies are dwindling.
Keflavik Airport has confirmed that Wizz Air is set to begin flights to Krakow from 16 September, with the carrier planning to serve the destination twice-weekly (Mondays and Fridays) using its fleet of 230-seat A321s. This latest addition to the carrier’s roll-call sees Wizz Air become the first non-Icelandic carrier to operate a double-digit route network from Keflavik, with Krakow becoming the airline’s 10th connection from Iceland’s global gateway.
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla., March 21, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — The Sikorsky-Boeing SB>1 DEFIANT™ helicopter achieved first flight today at Sikorsky’s West Palm Beach, Florida site. This revolutionary aircraft, developed by Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company (NYSE: LMT), and Boeing (NYSE: BA), will help inform the next generation of military helicopters as part of the U.S. Army’s Future Vertical Lift program.
Milan Bergamo Airport has announced that from 1 September 2019, UK flag carrier and oneworld member, British Airways, will begin operations from the airport. As the airline confirms it will operate six weekly flights between London Gatwick and Italy’s third largest gateway, the route becomes Milan Bergamo’s third London link and the first to offer a business class product.
- Bloodhound project ready to move forward under new ownership
- Financial stability will underpin sponsorship for world land speed record runs
- Project renamed Bloodhound LSR as part of overall rebranding
- Car and team move to new headquarters in heart of college campus
At today’s opening of the project’s new headquarters, the Bloodhound Land Speed Record (LSR) team announced they are firmly back on the trail of a world land speed record. Under the new ownership of Ian Warhurst, CEO of Grafton LSR Ltd, the freshly assembled Bloodhound LSR team will focus on completing development of the jet- and rocket-powered car and moving to the next phase of the programme – high speed testing – as soon as possible.
WICHITA, Kan. – March 20, 2019 – Textron Aviation Inc., a Textron Inc. (NYSE:TXT) company, will display a diverse lineup of its leading aircraft at this year’s Sun ‘N Fun International Fly-In & Expo April 2-7, at the Lakeland Linder Regional Airport in Lakeland, Florida. Products on display will include four of its popular Beechcraft and Cessna piston aircraft and the Cessna Grand Caravan EX single-engine turboprop, now with new standard enhanced flight deck features as well as the Cessna Citation M2 light jet.