DAYTONA BEACH, FL – In a national nod to its ongoing efforts and commitment to provide quality educational opportunities to U.S. veterans and military-connected students, all three of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s campuses have been recognized by the online and print publication Military Times in its 2018 Best Colleges survey.
- Title Autodocking system
- Released 29/11/2017 2:55 pm
- Copyright Rolls-Royce Plc
- DescriptionAn autodocking system automates the first and last phases of the crossing right up to the quay. Autodocking systems use additional sensors to assess proximity to harbour structures such as moles at the entrance, and distance to the berth. The propulsion system is adjusted by the system to bring the ferry safely and with minimum energy consumption to and from the docks.
- Id 387300
30 November 2017
ESA Director General Jan Wörner signed a Memorandum of Intent with Rolls-Royce today, as the two entities agree to investigate how space technology can be used to develop autonomous and remote-controlled ships.
WASHINGTON, Nov. 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) participated in a signing ceremony with U.S. and Romanian officials formalizing an agreement for Romania to purchase the Patriot Advanced Capability-3 (PAC-3) Missile Segment Enhancement (MSE) missiles and related support equipment. Romania becomes the third international customer for the PAC-3 MSE.
In Heath, Ohio, Boeing engineers are developing the missile guidance system for the GBSD, applying mechanical and electrical engineering expertise to write codes for circuitry, redesign hardware for a computer chip, modify parts and integrate tooling. (Boeing photo by Bob Ferguson)
Review with U.S. Air Force confirms baseline requirements for ground-based nuclear deterrent
ARLINGTON, Va., Nov. 30, 2017 – Boeing’s [NYSE: BA] Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program successfully completed its first key review with the U.S. Air Force, validating program technical requirements prior to the design and development phase of America’s next intercontinental ballistic missile system.
- Title Amazon River
- Released 01/12/2017 10:00 am
- Copyright contains modified Copernicus Sentinel data (2017), processed by ESA, CC BY-SA 3.0 IGO
- DescriptionThe Copernicus Sentinel-2A satellite takes us over northern Brazil on 22 August 2017, where the Amazon River meets the Atlantic Ocean.
NASA TV to Broadcast Departure of Cygnus Cargo Spacecraft from International Space Station
After delivering almost 7,400 pounds of cargo to support dozens of science experiments from around the world, the Orbital ATK Cygnus cargo spacecraft is set to leave the International Space Station on Wednesday, Dec. 6. NASA Television and the agency’s website will provide live coverage of Cygnus’ departure beginning at 7:45 a.m. EST.