Ryanair has announced its 34th destination from Budapest Airport, with the introduction of a twice-weekly operation to Amman in W18/19. The 2,251-kilometre sector to the Jordanian capital city is a brand new destination for the Hungarian gateway, which offers services to Aqaba in the south of the Middle Eastern country on its Red Sea coast. With this new route addition, the capital city airport will offer 131 destinations in 119 cities from 47 countries in W18/19.
- Title Mayon lava
- Released 01/02/2018 1:59 pm
- Copyright contains modified Copernicus Sentinel data (2018), processed by ESA, CC BY-SA 3.0 IGO
- DescriptionDubbed a perfect volcano because of the symmetry of its cone, Mount Mayon on the island of Luzon in the Philippines is erupting again. With more than 30 eruptions recorded since 1616, it is one of the world’s most active volcanoes. This image, which was captured by the Copernicus Sentinel-2 mission on 30 January, has been processed to show different facets of the eruption. The Sentinel-2 satellites each carry a high-resolution camera that images Earth in 13 spectral bands. Here we see the volcano in natural colour and then in false colour, which by highlighting vegetation in red shows the damage caused by lava. Then two shortwave infrared bands reveal the hot lava spilling from the cone.
- Id 389696
- Title Tunis wetlands
- Released 02/02/2018 10:00 am
- Copyright contains modified Copernicus Sentinel data (2017), processed by ESA, CC BY-SA 3.0 IGO
- DescriptionThis Copernicus Sentinel-2 image features Tunisia’s capital Tunis, in North Africa, and highlights some of the country’s important wetlands.
Lockheed Martin Begins Construction on First Orion Spaceship that will take Astronauts into Deep Space
DENVER, Feb. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Construction has officially begun on the spaceship that will achieve America’s goal of returning astronauts to the Moon. Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) technicians and engineers at the NASA Michoud Assembly Facility near New Orleans welded together the first two components of the Orion crew module capsule for Exploration Mission-2 (EM-2).
Airplane’s improved fuel-efficiency and range will help Czech Republic’s largest carrier grow its network
PRAGUE, Feb. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Boeing [NYSE: BA], GE Capital Aviation Services (GECAS) and Travel Service, the largest carrier in the Czech Republic, celebrated the delivery of the airline’s first 737 MAX airplane.
“To get to Mars we need heavy lift rockets,” said Dr. Erik Seedhouse, author of “SpaceX: Making Commercial Spaceflight a Reality.” “This is why people are talking about the SpaceX Falcon Heavy with stars in their eyes. The Falcon Heavy signals America’s return to longer duration spaceflights in a significant way.”
Seedhouse is a spaceflight expert, former astronaut training consultant and author of two books on SpaceX. He is available for interviews in advance of the SpaceX Falcon Heavy launch on Feb. 6 from Kennedy Space Center.
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – SpaceX has announced the inaugural launch of their Falcon Heavy rocket system, scheduled for February 6. The reusable Falcon Heavy launch vehicle uses three smaller Falcon 9 rockets fastened together, making it the most powerful operational rocket in the world when it lifts off from Apollo Launchpad 39A at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. SpaceX has designed the Falcon Heavy to one-day carry a human crew into space.