Team Oman Air maintained their grip on a podium place after a challenging third day at the Extreme Sailing Series in San Diego.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Prescott, Arizona Campus Receives $750,000+ Grant to Improve K-12 School Security and Safety
First-Ever Grant to Test Technologies for Keeping Intruders Out of Schools
Prescott, Ariz. – Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s College of Security and Intelligence (CSI) at the Prescott, Ariz., campus has received a $769,890 grant from the National Institute of Justice (part of the U.S. Department of Justice) for the multidisciplinary evaluation of school security technologies.
Latest bespoke piece by British artist and sculptor, David Harber, to mark the 80th Anniversary of the international airbase
OCTOBER 2017: To celebrate the 80th anniversary of RAF Brize Norton, Award-winning artist, David Harber, was commissioned to create a unique sculpture to reflect the strategic global importance of the airbase, and the international reach of its aircraft.
NASA Awards Launch Services Contract for Landsat 9 Mission
NASA has selected United Launch Services LLC (ULS) of Centennial, Colorado, to provide launch services for the Landsat 9 mission. The mission is currently targeted for a contract launch date of June 2021, while protecting for the ability to launch as early as December 2020, on an Atlas V 401 rocket from Space Launch Complex 3E at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.
Simulating lunar surface operations
- Title Simulating lunar surface operations
- Released 19/10/2017 10:51 am
- Copyright ESA
- DescriptionESA and the Canadian Space Agency are probing how to explore the Moon with a robot rover. The teams are investigating the challenges of remotely operating a rover in a representative lunar scenario with teams in several locations during 12–20 October.
Sagaing Division, Myanmar
- Title Sagaing Division, Myanmar
- Released 20/10/2017 10:00 am
- Copyright contains modified Copernicus Sentinel data (2015), processed by ESA, CC BY-SA 3.0 IGO
- DescriptionThe Copernicus Sentinel-1A satellite brings us over part of the Sagaing Division in northwest Myanmar, and along the border with India.
Sensor prototypes to serve rapid capabilities need for U.S. Army’s Lower Tier Air & Missile Defense Sensor competition
SYRACUSE, N.Y., Oct. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — The Department of Defense Ordnance Technology Consortium (DOTC) awarded Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) a contract for the technology maturation of Lower Tier Air & Missile Defense Sensor (LTAMDS) prototypes.